Monday, April 03, 2006

It’s That Time of Year Again: Hot Dogs and Peanuts...

Yes, today Tom DeLay has decided to leave the US Congress. Yes, Florida-UCLA will decide who is the college basketball champion. But tonight, I am in Effingham, IL and caring more for how the Yankees are killing the A’s.

True, yesterday was the first day of baseball season. But today was the first Yankee game. Though I love The Lou as much as anyone, I am more of a Yankee fan then a Cards. Maybe I’m a Yankee fan, because my Uncle in Manhattan sent me Yankee gear before I could walk, or the fact, their games are on TV a lot. But for me, the Yankees are the class of major league baseball. They are the cup of coffee after a wonderful meal. They are Charlie Rose late at night. They are the shirt staying perfectly pressed all day or the suit that hangs just right. They are simple the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home