Monday, January 15, 2007

Thoughts in Chicago

College is far away. A mere six years ago seems to be a lifetime. Is it possible the body of mine was young? Was my mind ever carefree and confident? Was my income unregulated, small and easy-come easy-go as if the dollars spent on movies and beer was meaningless?

There once was a time when were producing was reading and thinking. No evidence exists of it here in this hotel bar in downtown Chicago. A plush couch engulfs my body as conversation between salesmen, sports fans and a May-December romance surrounds me. Here production is closed deals. Thought is on Grossman’s arm strength. An aura of success can bring you a woman your daughter’s age with a mouth of a sailor.

I have been in this real-world for almost three years. It still feels foreign and strange, but not as much as it used to.

Am I becoming one of them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home