Monday, November 27, 2006

An Old Fear

(Written on Thanksgiving Day)

I have been winning the war against anxiety the last few weeks. While I am nowhere near a panic attack as I would have been three weeks ago, two events have raised my fear.

The first is the loss of my cell phone. Yesterday, I used a small cup at the office. Half filled with water, it sat in my car while I drove home and over to a friend’s house for poker. After loosing early, I did a run to the store and without thinking I dropped my cell phone into its usual spot my driver’s side cup holder and into the cup. To this point, the cell phone has yet to recover.

Second, I am flying down to Austin for Thanksgiving Day. American Airlines assigned me the gate next to the one on the disastrous trip to Chicago.

As I wait for my plane, I watch the Loin-Dolphin game, write, pray and avoid bad thoughts.
(Update: A panic attack never happened. A nice lady waiting for the same plane was able to fix my phone.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home