Monday, March 05, 2007

Well, It Is Official

Had a nice little chat with Doc on Friday. It is official; I will be going back under the knife in a few months. It will be second operation in as many years and my second open heart. They will crack my chest like a chestnut.

In the coming months, I ask for your prayers and thoughts not just for me but also for L and my parents.


It is an odd thing. The whole situation has not really settled in yet. I no longer am planning a long vacation next year to support Edwards at the Nevada caucus. (One of the biggest letdowns.) I am not planning anything beyond September, the tentative date for the surgery. At the same time, I am still traveling for work: Iowa this week, Illinois the next. I still see L. I go to movies with A. I sleep late on the weekends and watch boxing.

All too soon, my joys will be replaced my pain. My desire to read and write will be supplemented by sitting and staring. I will be unable to sleep on my stomach. My joy in life, which I just recently found again, will be taken away. I will be back to the dark days of last summer: days whose only memory is of pain, anxiety and suffering.

1 Comments:

Blogger SL said...

Hmm, I don't know if this will help, but I believe you will get by faster then last year, at least I certainly hope so.
Physical pain and psychological pain would be dying down when experienced second time... and third time, at least it is from my experience. I hope you will be come back better soon. Good luck.

4:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home