Thursday, May 24, 2007

L Takes a Dip....

Midweek, L and I share dinner outside The Royale. F joins us as we finish off ravioli and order another round of fresh squeezed juice.

The weather is perfect. The chill of the evening will come later, but with the last says of sun no one needs a jacket or coat.

We hang out, talk about nothing in general and enjoy the moment. A documentary on hobos (train riders) is shown outside. It is grainy, funny, poorly edited and completely enjoyable indie-movie I will never see again.

After the show, L excuses herself. She walks the narrow path between the chairs and fence. F and I stand up to leave. We are less considerate of others than L and walk across the screen rolling credits.

I stop and talk to the director for a few moments before making my way into the bar to await F and L.

L reaches me first, her hands spread in front of her and her jaw dropped. Her expression is one of “Look at the mess I made.” I notice a few water drops on her jacket.

“Oh, did the water from the sink splash up,” I laugh thinking of a similar incident.

“No, I feel into a pot.”

“A pot. Was there a pot of water out there?” My mind goes to the possibility that a careless cook left a pot of water sitting on the ground.

“No, a pond. I fell into a pond of water. I am wet from the waste down.” Looking down it is hard to notice that her jeans and sopping wet and half of her shirt is moist. “I was walking around and fell into a pond waist deep.”

“Are you alright?” I ask beginning to laugh.

“Yes,” she laughs back.

We both laugh about the incident and explain it F when comes back. He seems more shocked and caring: a much better boyfriend response than the chuckles I have.

L takes time to pour the puddles from her shoes, and I steal a napkin for her to sit on the car ride home.

The stench form an obviously scum filled pond fills my car in little time. We keep laughing the whole way home. Even after L takes a shower and dresses in my clothes, we keep laughing.

We have yet to go back to The Royale. When we do though taking a gander at the now infamous pond is a must.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home