Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Saturday Night Turning into Sunday Morning via Old English…

I didn’t drink much on Saturday night. I was responsible. I was the good guy. I was the friend who didn’t let friends drive drunk. I was the designated driver. In fact, two beers over five hours and glass after glass of water (something needed in the hand, ya know) kept me sound as a bell. So by the time, I dropped of F at 3:00 a.m. I was exhausted and lacking the general energy that comes from a night out. That and the fact I drove all over for this party.

F and I arrived at the genius’ place around 9:30. The genius is working on his math PhD at Wash U and was holding a little gathering of other graduate students and the employed who wish they were still in graduate school. C called me after twenty minutes. He was sick, could I come and pick up A who was visiting from Austin and take her to the party.

Why Not?

Into Clayton, back to the Central West End, fight traffic, be the good guy showing C’s gal around while he fights a stomach virus.

The genius knows how to through a party. It was probably more my speed than any other recent gathering I have been at. We are young, educated and still have our futures ahead of us. I spent time talking to high school math teachers, English students, and lawyers. Though there were some disagreements about aspects of certain situations, respect of one another’s opinion prevailed. It’s how cable news shows should be. Instead of yelling and points of who won and who lost all graded via spin, a simple presentation of why you think the way you do would suffice. But I really have more to say about the party and will in other post. I just wanted to get the first out and say, how much I enjoyed myself and what pleasant conversation was had. Nice change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home