Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Return of the Luka

Key Rocky theme music and open shot of man checking his tie in the rearview mirror. Roll credits and the title, “A Luke Returns”. I admit that it is too overdramatic too vain. In reality, few need to know or care of my recent accomplishment, but for me it is a huge deal.

On Friday, September 8, 2006, I made my first visit with a donor since May. The visit went well, and it was an enjoyable time. (It is true I enjoy my work something to be loathed at 22 and to have pride about at 27.)

The real victory was not the visit’s results; it was the simple act of the visit. I fought fear, doubt, terror and fright to schedule this time and hold to it. All of the negative emotions melted away after the donor opened the door.

Friday gave me confidence that I can face more days with visits and soon be back on the road with whole weeks filled with talking to donors

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home