Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Peoria, IL Here I Come

Tomorrow I leave for Peoria, Illinois, home of Catapiller industries and not much else.

I've been in Peoria enough times now to know the good resteraunts and the haunts to stay away from.

Though I love my job and the travel, there is one thing that gets me down. I keep coming back to some towns over and over again that I begin to get the view of the high school seniors. "I can't wait until I am not stuck in this town."

I feel bad about this. I am sure Peoria has some nice spots, maybe even a good pool hall. But for the roaming Luka, it has little to offer.

In some ways, Lukas are like a high school seniors.

We have to be in bed to get up early for work/school.

Driving in the town is still new to us.

We have to answer to bosses/parents.

Finally, we may know the town, but we don't have the connections to dig deep and find the secret hot spots.

Those hot spots, whatever they may be either bar, blues club or coffeeshop are what makes these small towns fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home