Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Official Congenital Heart Ho-Down…


Take two baby steps forward, now one back, three tiny skips up, now one back, stand in place and wait, wait, wait, and jump all the way back to square one. You are now in the middle of the congenital heart ho-down.

I’m back to square one. Maybe, it is not the drugs the docs now say. Maybe, it is the ventricle getting weaker and weaker. Maybe, it is time for major corrective surgery. The type where getting back off the lung/heart machine will have the same odds as winning the hand after pocket aces. Good, but not great.

I continue to play the game. It is my life. I wonder what normal people do with all their time. I wonder if they watch TV, go on vacation, see movies, read books or what instead of time at doctors’ offices.

I wonder what it is like to feel invincible.

I wonder what it is like never to hear the tune that plays in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home