Friday, July 28, 2006

Cutting Class, One of the Simplest Joys in Lifeā€¦

I am not talking about cutting class, because I overslept, was hung over, forgot about it, or loathed the Prof. I am talking about the spur of the moment cut. The game time decision that I would not go to class sometimes made within sight of the building.

It was cutting class not to do something better, but to do something else. Occasionally, the cut would include friends and we may or may not have gone somewhere. However, it was never planned. The cut was fulfilling no schedule or plan.

Taking a nap, watching Law and Order or reading were how I spent the time. Some would call it doing nothing. Doing nothing, it may have been, but it was my time.

It was my time I had gathered back from others, my time to do as I pleased. It was not the weekend or the evening, time that was assigned to mew. It was my time stolen back from responsibility.

Now, with work/illness (especially the illness), I cannot cut anymore. I cannot take back the time and make it my own. I am forced to life in the assigned me time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home