Monday, July 17, 2006

What I Should and Should Not Be Doing….

“99 and in a suit,” my mom says driving me to yet another doctor’s office.

I frown. It should be me in the suit. I should be the one struggling against the heat with sweat forming under my arms and on the small of my back. I should be taking off my coat in search of relief, loosing my tie with a job to do, a place to contribute.

Maybe, it would not be in St. Louis.

Maybe, it would be in a tiny Iowa town forgotten even by the politicians. A place where the drugstore, meat market and bar/bowling alley are the only establishments open.

Maybe, it would be on a farm in Illinois. Out of the corner of my eye, I would watch the cattle graze as the donor spoke about his joy in spreading the Gospel.

Maybe, it would be in a log cabin in Oregonian woods. My car splashed with mud sitting under the never-ending shade of pine trees.

Maybe, it would be in Seattle. Driving back to the hotel, I would fantasize about tea/sushi dinner.

Maybe, it would be in the mountains of Idaho. A place I have never been, but need to be.

Wherever, it is I just want to produce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home