Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sad

J called about noon. He lost his mom at 10:30 this morning. She passed away with the family she loved around her and faith in her heart.

J and I have been friends before memories were formed. Neither has a conscious memory of meeting the other. We were just always together. B watched over me as if I was her own son. She corrected me when I was wrong, defended me when bullied, and many times feed and housed me while my parents were away. Of all my memories of B, two stand tall as examples of what a caring person she was.

In middle school, my dad traveled frequently with his job. Every time a Texas thunderstorm would roll across radar with warnings of tornados from the meteorologists, B would call my mom and I and insist we spend the night at their home.

The evening my father had his gallbladder attack B drove at a break-neck speed to meet us at the hospital. B waited patiently while the doctors spoke to my mom and I. She would tell me it would be all right, drive me to her home and drop me off at school the next morning.

B was a caring, loving, individual who should be held up as a role model for others. She deserves this honor, not because of any athletic, capitalistic or philosophical accomplishment, but because she was a shining light of how humans should act towards each other: a Christian whose works displayed her faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home