Thursday, July 05, 2007

A Sad Situation...

"I am glad that my sister is having a kid. That way when I am old, I can call him or her and ask if what I'm doing with my money is smart." A said playing with the lid of her Dr. Pepper.

"It is sad to see people taken in by pyramid scams." I sucked on a mint.

I had just relaid the story to A about a donor of our's who has invested in what appears to be an internet scam. The donor was calling us to tell us about the gifts he will be making once his investment pays out and encouraging us to get in on the good deal.

I spent an hour after lunch searching the net for something on the company. Something that would reveal the true intentions of the company that I could share with his pastor before he invested any more.

I had no such luck. The man will probably keep throwing money down the rabbit hole and keeping hoping for the big payoff which will never come.

A and I hope that never happens to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home